Tuesday, May 23, 2017

UNDESERVED

Sheryl Farris 

He was sinless yet betrayed and denied,
Bound and so beaten, He was hard to recognize.
Bloody and swollen, the crown of thorns upon His brow,
It wasn’t fair, so undeserved.
Every breath He took just added to His pain,
Nailed to that cross, oh it seemed He died in vain,
The spotless Lamb of God, dying all alone,
It wasn’t fair, so undeserved.

So undeserved. This is not the way it should have been.
Much more extreme and so hard to comprehend,
Why He would die to cleanse the wickedness of man.
He died for all so that all might live,
So undeserved, so undeserved.

I am a sinner but I have been redeemed,
With blood He bought me. Yes, I belong to Him.
I wandered in sin, but He reached out and took me in,
It isn’t fair, so undeserved.
I was guilty, but He paid my penalty,
I was in bondage, but by His power I am free.
I stand amazed, walking in His grace,
It isn’t fair, so undeserved.

So undeserved. This is not the way it should have been.
Much more extreme and so hard to comprehend,
Why He would die to cleanse the wickedness of man.
He died for all so that all might live,
So undeserved, so undeserved.


Purchase the song
Purchase the album

No comments:

Post a Comment