Wednesday, May 24, 2017

SPIRIT OF BROKENNESS

Rodney Griffin

I remember the night so long ago,
The first time I called Your name;
Empty and broken, ashamed of my sin,
I asked if this sinner You'd save.
But the cares of life have darkened the light,
And I feel like I'm drifting away.
So break me, mold me, cleanse me, then hold me,
I want to be near You today.

Lord, give me a spirit of brokenness,
Like You gave when I first called Your name.
And replace all my pride with humility,
Lord, a broken, willing vessel I'll be.

I never set out to drift into sin,
My intentions are never to stray;
But my flesh is weak, and I'm so prone to fall,
Like a child I go my own way;
'Til I hear Your cry from deep down inside,
Saying, "Go back to Calvary again.
There you'll see my flesh opened and my spirit broken,
Then surely your drifting will end."

Lord, give me a spirit of brokenness,
Like You gave when I first called Your name.
And replace all my pride with humility,
Lord, a broken, willing vessel I'll be.



Purchase the album
Purchase the soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment