Monday, February 20, 2017

KEEPING THE OLD MAN DOWN

Keena Turner West

I'm my own worst enemy,
When I remember back to what I used to be;
And despite the love I've found,
Sometimes it's hard to keep the old man down;
It's not because I want to be who I used to be,
It's because people keep reminding me.

But what people can't forget He won't remember;
And when they come along and keep fanning the embers;
I'll hold my head up high and just remember what I've found;
As I keep on keeping the old man down

Some folks try in their own way to help me change;
But they don't realize, that all my "want-to's" He has rearranged;
It's true I know I have a long, long way to go;
If He's forgiven yesterday, why won't they let it go?

But what people can't forget He won't remember;
And when they come along and keep fanning the embers;
I'll hold my head up high and just remember what I've found;
As I keep on keeping the old man down

If it's true when He says we're covered in His love;
Then why won't they let my past stay under the blood?

But what people can't forget He won't remember;
And when they come along and keep fanning the embers;
I'll hold my head up high and just remember what I've found;
As I keep on keeping the old man down



Purchase the song
Purchase the album

1 comment: