Monday, November 21, 2016

In the Storm With Him

Author Unknown

I took my ship sailing
On life's mighty sea
And storm clouds gathered
The winds picked up their speed
Angry waves crashed in sight
And I was tossed from side to side
There seemed to be no hope for me
But in Christ, I realized

When the storm around me rages
And the thunder sounds so deep
I don't worry about the waves
He won't let my ship sink
He'll shield me in the palm of His hand
Until the storm is gone
And I'd rather be in the storm with Him
Than in calm waters alone

When I look back
On all the distant clouds
I know nothing short of a miracle
Could have brought me out
So when the tempest blows and darkness falls
It's on the Master I will call
'Cause in Him I place my trust
And to Christ, I give it all

When the storm around me rages
And the thunder sounds so deep
I don't worry about the waves
He won't let my ship sink
He'll shield me in the palm of His hand
Until the storm is gone
And I'd rather be in the storm with Him
Than in calm waters alone

He's my Comforter
He's my Refuge
My Protector and my Shield
If He don't calm the storm
He'll be with me
And keep my ship still

When the storm around me rages
And the thunder sounds so deep
I don't worry about the waves
He won't let my ship sink
He'll shield me in the palm of His hand
Until the storm is gone
And I'd rather be in the storm with Him
Than in calm waters alone



5 comments:

  1. Do you know who sings this song? I was literally going through a storm yesterday and when I came out I turned my radio on and this song was playing. I thought how appropriate! I didn't catch the name of the artist and would love to hear it again and again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    This song was recently recorded by a Southern Gospel group named "Men of Faith." There is now a YouTube video of them singing this great song, so I've edited this post to include the video. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I had looked on youtube the best I could on my phone (not the smartest, smart phone!) and could only find Praise You In The Storm. Thanks again so much. I have also ordered their CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any way to get a copy of the music? A gentleman at our church would like to sing it for special music

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how to get the music, Corrine, but you may want to try contacting the group, Men of Faith, and see if they could help you locate the sheet music and/or soundtrack. They may even have it available on their website. I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete