Thursday, August 11, 2016

I CHOOSE

Rodney Griffin

Master, may I be so honest?
Could I admit the way I feel?
I'm hurting, it seems that you've forsaken,
And I wonder, 'Is your love for me still real?'
Though my friends think that I am happy,
Unaffected by this trial,
They can't see the pain I'm hiding
Just underneath my smile.
Master, I can't live this way anymore,
So today I make my choice.

I choose to believe that You are faithful,
Any my heart is in Your hands,
And this mystery that I face today
Is part of a greater plan.
I choose not to be discouraged
When the sun will not break through.
I have the choice of trusting You,
So, Lord, this is what I choose.

I know this road will not be easy,
And I know I'll have my weaker days,
And Satan will tell me I don't mean it
When I say, "I'll trust God all the way."
But that really doesn't matter.
I refuse to hear him out.
With my faith, I'll find the power
That will overcome all doubt.
Lord, I've never felt so strong
As when I'm resting in Your arms.

I choose to believe that You are faithful,
Any my heart is in Your hands,
And this mystery that I face today
Is part of a greater plan.
I choose not to be discouraged
When the sun will not break through.
I have the choice of trusting You,
So, Lord, this is what I choose.




Purchase the song here:  I Choose
Purchase the album here:  That Was Then, This Is Now
Purchase the soundtrack here:  I Choose Accompaniment Track
Purchase the sheet music here:  I Choose Sheet Music

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this on YouTube. "I Choose" is a beautiful song which I have loved ever since we sang it in our church choir. It has a
    powerful message. In times of difficulty, we have a choice to make:
    either give in to fear and discouragement or put our whole trust in God.
    (That's what faith is: For All I Trust Him.) This song gives a confident
    testimony about choosing to trust God. That is what gives us peace and joy. EFB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song has been an inspiration to me. I made this as my life theme song together with "Like I Wished I'd Live" by Chris Allman. I consider these two songs also my early morning prayer in a song.

    ReplyDelete