Friday, July 22, 2016

IT'S UNDER THE BLOOD

Leonard Fletcher

While walking down a memory lane of paths so long ago
Old Satan came right by my side, making me feel low
He brought up thoughts of hurt and pain when I had gone astray
He wanted to discourage me as I walked along my way

He said you’re undeserving 'cause I know where you’ve been
I have a record of your life when you were bound by sin
I know your darkest secrets that you would never tell
What makes you think you don’t deserve a place with me in Hell?

I heard the old accuser and this was my reply
"You’re right, for all the things I’ve done, I sure deserve to die.
My righteousness is filthy rags; my goodness is unclean
There’s only one thing I can say to what you’ve said to me."

It's under the blood, oh praise His dear name!
I'm not what I used to be, my life’s been changed. 
Not shackled by sin and shame, it's already gone. 
I'm happy reminding him, it's under the blood!

Victory was given me when I was born again
He washed my stained and sinful past and put new life within
No longer do I bear the mark that sin had brought my way
With happiness and peace of mind, praise God, I now can say

It's under the blood, oh praise His dear name!
I'm not what I used to be, my life’s been changed.
Not shackled by sin and shame, it's already gone.
I'm happy reminding him, it's under the blood!

What can wash away my sin;
Nothing but the blood of Jesus 
What can make me whole again;
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

It's under the blood, oh praise His dear name!
I'm not what I used to be, my life’s been changed.
Not shackled by sin and shame, it's already gone.
I'm happy reminding him, it's under the blood!



Purchase the album here:  It's Under the Blood
Request the free sheet music here:  It's Under the Blood Sheet Music

No comments:

Post a Comment