Thursday, June 30, 2016

GOING ON WITH THE SONG

Rodney Griffin

Angry waters all around me
Storms trouble my soul
Waves crashing all around me
Threatening to sink my boat
But, I refuse to be discouraged
Gonna keep my eyes on the goal
All of Heaven is cheering me on
To go on with the song.

So I'm gonna go on with the song
'Cause it won't be very long
'Til I get to see the One who saved me
I'm gonna work for the Lord to receive my reward
'Cause I know there's a Heaven that awaits me
When I fall down and sin, gonna get up again
Got to finish the race set before me
Gonna smile as I press along
Going on with the song

One day I'll stand in His presence
On the other side
Face to face with Jesus
His arms will open wide
He'll say, "Child, you were faithful,
Even on the raging tide
When the storm grew dark and long
You went on with the song!"

So I'm gonna go on with the song
'Cause it won't be very long
'Til I get to see the one who saved me
I'm gonna work for the Lord to receive my reward
'Cause I know there's a Heaven that awaits me
When I fall down and sin, gonna get up again
Got to finish the race set before me
Gonna smile as I press along
Going on with the song



Purchase the song here:  Going on with the Song
Purchase the album here:  Going on with the Song
Purchase the soundtrack here: Going on with the Song Complete Album Accompaniment

No comments:

Post a Comment