Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I'M A SOLDIER

William R. Phillips

I’m a soldier bound for glory,
I’m a soldier going home;
Come and hear me tell my story
All who love the Savior, come.

I will tell you what induced me
In the glorious fight to start:
’Twas the Savior’s loving-kindness
Overcame and won my heart.

I love Jesus, hallelujah!
I love Jesus, yes, I do;
I love Jesus; He’s my Savior;
Jesus smiles and loves me too.

Many say that I'm too noisy,
But I'll tell you the reason why:
If they only felt the glory
They would shout as well as I.

When I first commenced my warfare,
Many said, “He’ll run away”;
But their words have been unfounded
In the fight I am today.

I love Jesus, hallelujah!
I love Jesus, yes, I do;
I love Jesus; He’s my Savior;
Jesus smiles and loves me too.

I’m “a wonder unto many,”
God alone the change has wrought;
Here I raise my Ebenezer,
Hither by His help I’m brought.

When to death’s dark, swelling river,
Like a warrior, I shall come,
Then I mean to shout “Salvation!”
And go singing “Glory!” home.

I love Jesus, hallelujah!
I love Jesus, yes, I do;
I love Jesus; He’s my Savior;
Jesus smiles and loves me too.



Purchase the song here:  I'm a Soldier
Purchase the album here:  We've Met to Worship
Download the sheet music here:  I'm a Soldier

No comments:

Post a Comment