Friday, March 18, 2016

ONE MILE WORLD

Lee Black and Ben Storie

It's easier to stare down at my feet
Avoid the hungry eyes of the beggar on the street
Keep walking past a single mom struggling to her car
With grocery bags and toddlers spilling from her arms.
Who's got the time?

 'Cause I've got enough to do to keep me busy for a week
Without somebody else's problems piling up on me
Convenience and compassion never travel hand in hand
I hear a still small voice asking me where I stand

In a one-mile world
In a one-mile world
You can turn your head if you don't wanna see the hurt
So you don't ever have to go the second mile
In a one-mile world.

It must break the heart of God to see the mess we've made down here
How we war and wound each other as we leave this trail of tears
Would the world be any different if I did all I could do?
All these chances I've been missing should break my heart too

In a one-mile world
In a one-mile world
You can turn your head if you don't wanna see the hurt
So you don't ever have to go the second mile
In a one-mile world.

I've been lost, and I've been broken
In need of love myself
God knows where I would be
If someone hadn't given me some help

In a one-mile world
In a one-mile world
You can turn your head if you don't wanna see the hurt
Or you can roll your sleeves up and get down into the dirt
'Cause somebody needs a hand for a little while
A friend who's gonna go the second mile
In a one-mile world.


Purchase the song here:  One Mile World
Purchase the album here:  Live Like We're Redeemed

No comments:

Post a Comment