Wednesday, February 3, 2016

FOR NOW, GETHSEMANE

Kevin Stokes and Sue C. Smith

I long to walk in Eden, with trees in bloom,
And where the air is sweet.
To spend my days in sunshine, beside the brook
Where You will meet with me.
But I have heard you calling, and in obedience, I go
To another garden whose history I know.

Lord, for now, it’s Gethsemane.
For now, that’s where You're bringing me,
To a place whose agony You’ve known
So because Your will is clear,
I’ll trust you and I’ll stay right here.
If Eden calls tomorrow,
Then those pathways I will roam
But for now Gethsemane is home.

I won’t compare my suffering with all the pain
I know that You endure.
Yet You have used this garden to teach me how
Surrender makes me Yours .
So strengthen and sustain me, and I will face whatever comes.
I know that Eden's waiting when this night is done.

Lord, for now, it’s Gethsemane.
For now, that’s where You're bringing me,
To a place whose agony You’ve known
So because Your will is clear,
I’ll trust you and I’ll stay right here.
If Eden calls tomorrow,
Then those pathways I will roam
But for now Gethsemane is home.

Where you walk with me and You talk with me,
And you tell me I’m Your own.

Lord, for now, it’s Gethsemane.
For now, that’s where You're bringing me,
To a place whose agony You’ve known
So because Your will is clear,
I’ll trust you and I’ll stay right here.
If Eden calls tomorrow,
Then those pathways I will roam
But for now Gethsemane is home.



Purchase the song here: For Now Gethsemane
Purchase the album here: Real Faith
Purchase the soundtrack here:  Real Faith Complete Album Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment