Friday, January 22, 2016

UNDER CROSS EXAMINATION

Marty Funderburk, Steve Marshall, Ed Stivers

I dreamed my life was over, and I faced the judgment day,
I stood before the Father, not knowing what to say.
My life was like an open book laid out before the throne,
Where every thought and deed would certainly be known.

I pondered every hour, accounting for my days.
The years of faithful service and the times I went astray.
No righteousness to call my own, no goodness could I plead.
But then, the Son of God arose and testified for me.

Under cross-examination, this one called upon my name.
Under cross-examination, he is free from any blame.
When You look upon his life you'll see
The blood I shed at Calvary
Now his every sin is gone without a trace.
Under cross-examination, I rest my case.

God called no other witness, no one else need testify.
The blood of Christ that covered me could never be denied.
Justice met forgiveness when Jesus paid the cost.
My innocence was proven by examining the cross.

Under cross-examination, this one called upon my name.
Under cross-examination, he is free from any blame.
When You look upon his life you'll see
The blood I shed at Calvary
Now his every sin is gone without a trace.
Under cross-examination, I rest my case.



Purchase the song here: Under Cross Examination
Purchase the album here: It's So God!
Purchase the soundtrack here: Under Cross Examination [Accompaniment/Performance Track]
Purchase the sheet music here:  Under Cross Examination

No comments:

Post a Comment