Tuesday, January 5, 2016

PRAISE YOU

William and Gloria Gaither

There's no place where You're not there;
I'll never drift from Your love and care.
There's not a thing about me that You don't know.
The wings of the morning will take me to You;
The blackness of night, Your light will shine through;
You're already there no matter where I may go.
Even before I came to be,
Your loving eyes were looking at me;
You're even closer than the very breath I take.
Mother and father, more than a friend to me,
Beginning and ending and living of life to me,
The song I find myself singing when I awake.

So I will praise You!  Lord, I praise You!
Now I praise You for bearing me up
And giving me wings, for lifting my sights
To heavenly things, for being the songs
I can't help but sing--praise You!

Look at me, Lord, I'm open to You.
Do anything that You want me to do.
You know me even better than I know myself.
I'll not be afraid of what You can see
'Cause You know the person inside of me;
I won't even try to hide what You know so well.
Lord, just be patient with my mistakes;
I want to be Yours whatever it takes,
I've learned that life without You is no life at all,
Failures and talents and schemes I bring to You;
Aspirations and dreams I sing to You--
I'll just be here ready whenever You call.

So I will praise You!  Lord, I praise You!
Now I praise You for bearing me up
And giving me wings, for lifting my sights
To heavenly things, for being the songs
I can't help but sing--praise You!




Purchase the song here: Praise You
Purchase the album here: Life Story

No comments:

Post a Comment