Thursday, January 14, 2016

IF ONLY JUST A FEW

Author?

His hands were tied behind his back as he stood before the court,
The apostle Paul was facing death again;
Someone said, "This man has preached that Jesus Christ is Lord.
We say let the scourging now begin."
He felt his body tighten; the blood began to flow
And between the stripes, Paul just sang this song,

If only just a few believe, I will tell of Calvary
I will be a witness for the cross;
If only just a few are saved, I will go in Jesus' name
I will share my story with the lost.
If Heaven celebrates when just one lost soul prays through,
Then I'll give my all if for only just a few.

Paul remembered well the time when Timothy was saved
Just one out of all who heard the news
And for months across the little towns, preaching Jesus is the way
Some days, he convinced just one or two
Were they worth his suffering as the soldiers left him lay?
Through his tears, they could hear him say,

If only just a few believe, I will tell of Calvary
I will be a witness for the cross;
If only just a few are saved, I will go in Jesus' name
I will share my story with the lost.
If Heaven celebrates when just one lost soul prays through,
Then I'll give my all if for only just a few.

I may not see great numbers come to know the Lord,
But if I'll keep on working, great is my reward.

If only just a few believe, I will tell of Calvary
I will be a witness for the cross;
If only just a few are saved, I will go in Jesus' name
I will share my story with the lost.
If Heaven celebrates when just one lost soul prays through,
Then I'll give my all if for only just a few.



Purchase the song here: If Only Just A Few
Purchase the album here: Always Have A Song
Purchase the soundtrack here:  Always Have a Song Complete Album Soundtrack

2 comments:

  1. Was this written by Rodney Griffin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, Nancy, but it definitely has a Rodney sound to it.

      Delete