Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I'LL SAY THANKS

Rodney Griffin

Ungrateful am I for so many things
Like the Father's tender mercies every day
And though I owe my life
To the cross where Jesus died
I often fail to stop and give Him thanks

How could I look upon the cross
And not say "Thank you?"
How could I hear His mother cry
And not be ashamed?
How could I see His bleeding hands,
And not feel responsible?
How could I look upon the cross,
And not say "Thanks?"

He was beaten beyond recognition
Then a crown of thorns was pressed into His brow
His back was torn apart
To pay for all the crimes I'd done
So you'd think I'd take the time to humbly bow

How could I look upon the cross
And not say "Thank you?"
How could I hear His mother cry
And not be ashamed?
How could I see His bleeding hands,
And not feel responsible?
How could I look upon the cross,
And not say "Thanks?"

So I will look upon the cross
And I'll say "Thank you."
I will magnify the power of your name
I will take a stand for Christ,
For He is the Lord of all
I will look upon the cross
And I'll say, "Thank you, Lord,
"For saving my soul."
I will look upon the cross
And I'll say "Thanks."




Purchase the album here: Walk the Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment