Monday, July 20, 2015

Abishai

Rebecca Roper

A lonely shepherd boy grew up into a man
Another day, another battle, fighting giants in the land.
Weary from the fight, going down for the last time.
Then running to his side came a man named Abishai.
He killed David's giant and saved his life.

I want to be an Abishai
I want to be by my brother's side.
I want to be the one called to help.
I want to fight my brother's fight.
So, friend, when you're on your back
And don't understand why.
Just hold on and don't give up.
I will be your Abishai.

The phone rings and rings day after day
Another bill, another debt that you just can't seem to pay.
As you sit and wonder why, wiping the tears from your eyes,
The phone rings once again, but this time it's your friend.
He says, "I've paid your debt; don't give up yet."

I want to be an Abishai
I want to be by my brother's side.
I want to be the one called to help.
I want to fight my brother's fight.
So, friend, when you're on your back
And don't understand why.
Just hold on and don't give up.
I will be your Abishai.

Maybe it's a loved one who has passed away
Maybe it's a child who's gone astray
Maybe it's a battle you feel you're fighting on your own
Friend, don't be mistaken.  God's in control.

I want to be an Abishai
I want to be by my brother's side.
I want to be the one called to help.
I want to fight my brother's fight.
So, friend, when you're on your back
And don't understand why.
Just hold on and don't give up.
I will be your Abishai.



Purchase the album here:  Abishai - 2 Samuel 21:17

No comments:

Post a Comment