Friday, April 17, 2015

I LOVE YOU ANYWAY

Dana Rongione

A long time ago, before I met the Lord,
I thought I was safe from sin.
Since I went to church and my folks knew the Lord,
I was sure that would get me in.
I thought I could make it on my own,
And I said I didn't need Him.
Still, He smiled and said, “Child, I love you anyway.”
And He died for all my sin.

As He hung on the cross,
He looked into the future,
And He saw me;
Every time I would fall,
Every time I would fail,
Every time I'd push Him aside.
Still, He smiled and said, “Child, I love you anyway.”
Then He hung His head and died.

Now, I know the Lord, and He lives in my heart,
But sometimes I still let Him down.
I worry and fret, and I sometimes forget
To read His holy Word.
There are times I stumble down life's weary road,
And I take my eyes off of Him.
Still, He smiles and says, “Child, I love you anyway,
And I'll always forgive you again.”

As He hung on the cross,
He looked into the future,
And He saw me;
Every time I would fall,
Every time I would fail,
Every time I'd push Him aside.
Still, He smiled and said, “Child, I love you anyway.”
Then He hung His head and died.

(Sorry, no video or purchase information for this song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment