Friday, February 27, 2015

WHEN YOU LOOK AT ME

Dianne Wilkinson

Far back in time, Your love all sublime
Pitied the lost sinner’s plight
You gave Your Son, the pure, sinless One
The darkness was broken by His holy light
His blood was shed for the sins of all men
Your mercy extended to me
Though I once hid my face, all because of Your grace
When You look at me, Lord, I’m something to see

I faced you then in the rags of my sin
Helpless and hopeless, I stood there condemned
But, Lord, when You saved me, You cleansed me that day
You clothed me and threw all my old rags away
When others see me, I look just like them
Imperfect, as they all can see
Oh, but You see me righteous, forgiven, and free
Lord, that’s what You see when You look at me
Lord, that’s what You see when You look at me

One day I'll see what's waiting for me
Heaven, the saints, home sweet home
It's a land of delight, no darkness and no night
The cares and the heartaches of this world all gone.
Only because of that old rugged cross
Lord, I know You'll welcome me
You can see by my face I'm a trophy of grace
When the world looks at me, then that's what they'll see.

I faced you then in the rags of my sin
Helpless and hopeless, I stood there condemned
But, Lord, when You saved me, You cleansed me that day
You clothed me and threw all my old rags away
When others see me, I look just like them
Imperfect, as they all can see
Oh, but You see me righteous, forgiven, and free
Lord, that’s what You see when You look at me
Lord, that’s what You see when You look at me

Your born again child and forever I'll be
Lord, that’s what You see when You look at me
Lord, that’s what You see when You look at me



Purchase the song here When You Look At Me
Purchase the album here: When You Look At Me

1 comment: