Friday, February 20, 2015

THIS IS THE DAY

He called me on his cell
On his long drive home
To tell me after seven years
The boss had let him go
He's got a wife and two young kids
Not sure of what they'll do
He's praying they don't lose the house
And have to move
Then I was humbled when he said,
"Though I may not know what lies ahead. . .

This is the day I will walk in faith
This is the day I will not be afraid
Be still my soul; God is in control
I will lift my hands to Him and say,
This is the day the Lord has made."

I think about the times
The news is hard to hear
When it seems like evil's won
And I am filled with fear
But if I say that I believe
His promises are true
I'll cling to hope although I know
The ground beneath me moves
And I'll fall to my knees in prayer
And beg to be a man whose life declares. . .

This is the day I will walk in faith
This is the day I will not be afraid
Be still my soul; God is in control
I will lift my hands to Him and say,
This is the day the Lord has made.

It's the strength of hearts that believe
When we trust that God is sovereign
We have peace

There's a memory I have
That's stayed with me for years
An old man by his wife's grave
Speaking through his tears. . .

This is the day I will walk in faith
This is the day I will not be afraid
Be still my soul; God is in control
I will lift my hands to Him and say,
This is the day the Lord has made.



Purchase the song here: This Is The Day
Purchase the album here: Steve Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment