Tuesday, February 17, 2015

THE FIRST TIME I SAW LOVE

Marty Funderburk & John Lemonis

Jesus loves me this I'd heard
I even read it in God’s Word
And in my mind I truly did believe
But not until I faced the cross
Did I see what loving me had cost
It was then my heart was changed at Calvary

The first time I saw love
It was hanging on a tree
The first time I saw life
It was dying there for me
And for the first time
In my lifetime
I found all I’d ever dreamed of
For the first time I saw Jesus
Was the first time I saw love

I’ve known the love of family
And friends who mean so much to me
But none on earth could ever quite compare
To what I found the day I knelt
A love like none I’d ever felt
For all I ever needed I found there

The first time I saw love
It was hanging on a tree
The first time I saw life
It was dying there for me
And for the first time
In my lifetime
I found all I’d ever dreamed of
For the first time I saw Jesus
Was the first time I saw love



Purchase the song here: The First Time I Saw Love
Purchase the album here: Home Free
Purchase the soundtrack here: First Time I Saw Love [Accompaniment/Performance Track]

3 comments:

  1. please please tell me where I can find recording of this. I heard it on the radio and have been trying to find it without success ever since.
    respond to : joanned1998@yahoo.com
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song "The First Time I Saw Love" can be found on the "Home Free" album by Triumphant Quartet (formerly Integrity Quartet). Visit http://triumphantquartet.com.

    ReplyDelete