Friday, October 12, 2012

Thinkin' About Home

Author Unknown

"A penny for your thoughts," I said to the old man,
As he sat there on the park bench all alone.
With silver hair and wrinkled brow, eyes gleaming,
He smiled and said, "I'm just thinkin' about my home."

I sat down, and we shared some laughs together,
And the cinema of remembrance, it did roll.
We talked about life's gains and its losses,
But mostly, he just talked about his home.

He said, "I'm thinkin' about home,
Thinkin' about going home.
I'm dreaming 'bout leaving here,
Ready to be moving on.
It won't be long before the sun will set, and I'll be gone,
But until then, I'll be thinkin' about home."

I said, "Tell me, old man, where's your home and what's it like?"
He said, "Oh, ain't nothing 'round here that compares.
You see, a King had it built and gave the deed to me,
And all my family's already there.

And I'm thinkin' about home,
Thinkin' about going home.
I'm dreaming 'bout leaving here,
Ready to be moving on.
It won't be long before the sun will set, and I'll be gone,
But until then, I'll be thinkin' about home."


No comments:

Post a Comment