Friday, June 8, 2012

SUCH A TIME AS THIS

 Author Unknown

Why did I walk thru the valley?
Why was I forced to my knees?
Why did the sun parch and dry me
As I walked through the desert of defeat?
Then came the clouds, and the rain fell.
I thought I'd never make it through the night,
But God gave me the answer when I prayed with you;
He let me see the dark to hold the light.

And I can kneel with a brother who is bearing a burden.
And say I know just what you're going through.
I can pray with a sister in the midst of her sorrow,
And say I know because I've been there too.
I can put my arms around someone who is down,
And tell them to have faith and confidence.
What in pain I could not see, I now fully believe
God prepared me for such a time as this.

You may be praying for a rescue.
You are facing temptation throughout.
The struggles are endlessly present,
But the purpose is somewhere in God's time.
So just keep on walking the good road;
Night leads to a stronger, wiser day.
When you're asked the reason for the path you have trod,
You'll know without a doubt, and you can say,

I can kneel with a brother who is bearing a burden
And say I know just what you're going through
I can pray with a sister in the midst of her sorrow
And say I know because I've been there too
I can put my arms around someone who is down
And tell them to have faith and confidence
What in pain I could not see I now fully believe
God prepared me for such a time as this.


No comments:

Post a Comment