Monday, January 9, 2012

TELL THEM THAT I LOVE THEM

Carl Cartee, Gina Boe & Kenna West
 
Old time preacher in a small town church
Bows his head to pray 
Early morning echoes off the empty walls 
In that sacred place
In a few short hours this room will be 
Filled with desperate souls
And he’s begging God to tell him
What they need to know 

And a still small voice says. . .

Tell them that I love them, 
That I died to set them free 
Tell them there’s an answer 
For everything they need
Tell them there’s forgiveness 
And there’s hope in suffering 
The truth never gets old so say it again and again 
Tell them that I love them


He thinks about Charlie who just said "goodbye"
To his bride of fifty years
Nathan and Sadie still praying for a baby 

Through empty arms and tears
This is where they’re running 
To find a little peace inside their pain 
And he’s pleading with the Savior 
For the words to say 
When a still small voice says. . .


Tell them that I love them, 
That I died to set them free 
Tell them there’s an answer 
For everything they need
Tell them there’s forgiveness 
And there’s hope in suffering 
The truth never gets old so say it again and again 
Tell them that I love them

Tell them grace is still amazing 
And there is power in the blood 
And the old rugged cross is enough

Tell them that I love them, 
That I died to set them free 
Tell them there’s an answer 
For everything they need
Tell them there’s forgiveness 
And there’s hope in suffering 
The truth never gets old so say it again and again 
Tell them that I love them


No comments:

Post a Comment