Friday, August 26, 2011

I HAVE A HOPE

Johnny Minick

What's the big deal? Why all the excitement?
Folks say to me wherever I go
Why get so loud? Why all the emotion?
There is no cause to make such a show
If they only knew the change in me
When I found the hope that set me free
I can't help but shout, for I know without doubt
That I have a hope

I have a hope; it's not just emotion
I have a hope that anchors my soul
It's more than a dream, more than a notion
It brings me new life and it sings in the night
I have a hope

This hope that I have, He's lived through the ages
He's never changed; He's always the same
When I read His Word, He walks through the pages
Something goes through me when I hear His name
His name is Counselor and Friend
He is the One on Whom I depend
His Word is my sword; yes, Jesus is Lord
I have a hope

I have a hope; it's not just emotion
I have a hope that anchors my soul
It's more than a dream, more than a notion
It brings me new life and it sings in the night
I have a hope

No comments:

Post a Comment