Tuesday, March 22, 2011

WELCOME TO HEAVEN

Phil Cross

Lately I’ve been yearnin’ for home
But my heart has already gone
With each step that I take, I feel one step away
From walking through the pearly gates
Soon He’ll call announcin’ my entrance
And I’ll go without a delay
For I long just to bow in His presence
And to hear my Redeemer say

Welcome to heaven, my child
Welcome to heaven, my child
You have run the race
You have kept the faith
Welcome to heaven, my child

Jasper walls, golden streets, mansions bright
The crystal river will sparkle with light
Heaven’s beauties we’ll share
But they’ll never compare
To the moment He welcomes me there
Glory’s angels will all step aside
When He greets me with arms open wide
He’ll step down from His throne
Just for me alone,
Face to face He’ll welcome me home

Welcome to heaven, my child
Welcome to heaven, my child
You have run the race
You have kept the faith
Welcome to heaven, my child

2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a way to get this song on CD, it has such a powerful and strong meaning in my heart...I played this at my sons (3 years old) funeral and the tape I had went bad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get the sheet music to this song. I have searched and can't find anywhere.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete