Monday, January 24, 2011

ONE DAY TOO LATE

Lanny Wolfe

I never thought I'd see the day
When you came to kneel and pray
I never thought that I would see
The church house filled to capacity
And outside the door there's more
Who have never come before
Oh, what a shame that Jesus came
One day before

And you were one day too late,
Yes, one day too late
Jesus came and you were left behind to wait
Yesterday you couldn't find
Time for Jesus on your mind
You finally came to call His name
One day too late

You tried to live the best you could,
You tried to do the things you should
But when it came to serving God,
You said, "I still have time to wait"
Now it's all turned around,
Time for Jesus now you've found
How sad to think that you found the time
But one day too late

And you were one day too late,
Yes, one day too late
Jesus came and you were left behind to wait
Yesterday you couldn't find
Time for Jesus on your mind
You finally came to call His name
One day too late

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog through a search for a hymn that a member of my church asked to have to open Revival. This is it! I was wondering if you knew where I could find a link or page scan to the sheet music. I realize it's a stretch, but it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been able to locate the sheet music for this song, but a soundtrack is available through Benson Sound: http://www.bensonsound.com/lyrics/0195.htm. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words & Music are by Lanny Wolfe

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sheet music was printed from John T. Benson Publishing Company. Nashville, Tennessee. copyright 1973 by Dimension Music. I got the info from the sheet music that I bought when the song first came out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for that information. I'll add the author's name to the post.

    ReplyDelete