Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I START MY DAY

Kirk Talley

I start my day with a prayer of thanksgiving
I start my day with a prayer filled with praise
Let me tell you I have learned the joy of living
And it’s based upon the way I start my day

People ask me, "Why are you so happy?"
Some have even asked what kind of pill I take
Well, let me tell you I am high on life with Jesus
And it’s all because of how I start my day

I start my day with a prayer of thanksgiving
I start my day with a prayer filled with praise
Let me tell you I have learned the joy of living
And it’s based upon the way I start my day

You may wonder why you always feel defeated
Why the good times seem to never roll your way
I’m not saying that your life will be perfect
But I’m saying good things happen when we pray

There are those who only ask the Lord for mercy
There are those who pray for miracles each day
Well, one day I came up begging for forgiveness
Now I thank Him for the good things when I pray

I start my day with a prayer of thanksgiving
I start my day with a prayer filled with praise
Let me tell you I have learned the joy of living
And it’s based upon the way I start my day

No comments:

Post a Comment