Monday, June 28, 2010

Speak, Lord

Nicky Chavers

Speak, Lord, for Thy servant hears
Speak, Lord, for Thy servant hears
I am but a child, yet Thou hast called my name
There must be a special task for me to claim
Speak, Lord, tell me all Thy will
Speak, Lord, in a voice so still
Though the task be great
Or though the task be small
I will trust in Thee alone and give my all

I don't ask for riches
I don't ask for fame
I don't ask that honor
Be heaped upon my name
I only ask Thy presence
To ever be the same
Speak, Lord, for Thy servant hears.

Come, Lord, take me by the hand
Come, Lord, teach a child to stand
Show me where to go and tell me what to say
Give Thy Word to light my path
And point the way.
Yes, Lord, Thy command is heard
Yes, Lord, I obey Thy Word
Now I feel Thy pow'r and now I see Thy plan
Mold me as a useful vessel in Thy hand

I don't ask for riches
I don't ask for fame
I don't ask that honor
Be heaped upon my name
I only ask Thy presence
To ever be the same
Speak, Lord, for Thy servant hears.

3 comments:

  1. do you know where I can get the sheet music for this? I have been looking for it for quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoice Hymnal from Majesty Music contains this song

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact The Academy of Arts in Taylors, SC. They sell the sheet music arrangement with piano accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete