Monday, October 17, 2011

FEAR NOT TOMORROW

Carolyn Adkins

In this age of uncertainty,
Questions come to my mind;
What is waiting ahead for me
And the rest of mankind?

Fear not tomorrow,
God is already there.
He's charting the course you'll take;
He sees each hidden snare.
He's waiting to guide you
Through each burden and care.
Fear not tomorrow,
God is already there.

Are you troubled o'er things to come?
Is your future unsure?
Are you dreading the coming dawn,
The long day to endure?

Fear not tomorrow,
God is already there.
He's charting the course you'll take;
He sees each hidden snare.
He's waiting to guide you
Through each burden and care.
Fear not tomorrow,
God is already there.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome song..So true so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jesus - what a comfort and encouragement to know. We can move forward in the will of God; everything we need to succeed has already been provided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know who is the author of this song?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked this up myself. A Ms. Carolyn Adkins wrote it back in the 1960's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Carolyn Adkins did write it in the late 1960's at a difficult time in her life. She had met with the Collingsworth family (whose video is above) before they recorded. It used to be on their website, but I don't see it now. I was thrilled that they have "brought back" the song, that is so perfect for today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the help in locating the author of the song. I did look at the time of posting but could not find it. I will make the corrections on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase piano sheet music for this song? I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Carolyn Adkins and can arrange the contact for music.
    Bill Thatcher
    Arlington, VA
    thatcherb@hyahoo.com

    ReplyDelete