Monday, October 3, 2011

HOME IS SOUNDING BETTER

Author Unknown

The more I hear about it
The more I long to go
To the land beyond the river
Where milk and honey flow
Though this world tries to make me feel as ease
No matter where I roam
My heart is just a stranger here
 On its way to a place called Home

Sometimes I get so Homesick
I can hardly wait
To see my friends and loved ones
Inside the Eastern Gate
Though I've enjoyed this Christian journey
I'll be so glad when it's far behind
'Cause Home is sounding better all the time

If it had been left up to me
I'd be long gone from this place
And you would find me 'round the throne
Singing "Amazing Grace"
Oh, but my Father knows what's best for me
There's a reason I'm still here below
But that doesn't change where my heart really is
And where I long to go

Sometimes I get so Homesick
I can hardly wait
To see my friends and loved ones
Inside the Eastern Gate
Though I've enjoyed this Christian journey
I'll be so glad when it's far behind
'Cause Home is sounding better all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment