Friday, August 27, 2010

DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT

Bill Schell

We're marching into battle,
Our weapons in our hands;
Salvation is our armor,
Our weapon is God's plan.
We're fighting for the righteous,
The merit of the truth;
Our mighty captain's Jesus,
And He will lead us through.

Don't give up the fight,
For the battle's almost over,
Don't give up the fight,
Soon the enemy will give in.
Don't give up the fight,
Sweet victory is coming,
This could be the final battle,
And tomorrow we could win.

We're marching through the fire,
Marching through the flood;
Marching on with power,
Marching with the blood.
Our hearts are fixed on heaven,
Our minds on going home;
We're marching through the valley,
But we'll not march alone.

Don't give up the fight,
For the battle's almost over,
Don't give up the fight,
Soon the enemy will give in.
Don't give up the fight,
Sweet victory is coming,
This could be the final battle,
And tomorrow we could win.

5 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME song of encouragement in such trying times!! Praise The Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me where to find the music for this song?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm sorry, I don't know where to find music for this song. I came across it one day on the internet and felt it was too good not to be shared, but all I found were the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sang this song at church camp this past summer. I'm going through a bit of a tough time and this came across my mind and had to find the lyrics. Thank you for posting them. They're exactly what I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time, but I'm pleased that you were able to find comfort in the lyrics of such a good song. Testimonies like yours are what make the time and effort of upkeeping this site totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete