Monday, August 8, 2011

DON'T LET ME LOSE SIGHT

Jim Brady

It crossed my mind again
Just how my life would be
Had the Father’s mercy
Not included me
I saw myself still drifting
On a raging sea
Farther out from nowhere
Hurting endlessly
And turning back this page of time
It all comes into view
I realize I’m nothing without You

Don’t let me lose sight
Of who You are
Lord, help me remember
My life before You came
May I never forget
Your sacrifice and Your pain
Don’t let me lose sight
Of who You are

My mind can’t comprehend
The sacrifice You made
To redeem this hurting soul
An awesome price was paid
You endured the suffering,
Took all my shame
Faced the bitter agony
As they mocked Your name
And when I look back to the cross
I clearly see the truth
I know my life is worthless without You

Don’t let me lose sight
Of who You are
Lord, help me remember
My life before You came
May I never forget
Your sacrifice and Your pain
Don’t let me lose sight
Of who You are


2 comments:

  1. i'm really so blessed with this song, esp. when it says "Lord, help me remember
    My life before You came
    May I never forget
    Your sacrifice and Your pain
    Don’t let me lose sight
    Of who You are"
    ...i first heard this song in Dr.Stanley service last Dec.5,2011..we must be reminded everyday about the sacrifices Jesus did for us...from:Lea Joy Cambongga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this song is a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete