Friday, April 6, 2012

THE SILENT TOMB SPEAKS

Dana Rongione

I watched in horror as they drove the nails
Through His hands and through His feet
He hung His head and prayed, "Father, forgive"
As I stared in disbelief
Cries of victory and cries of pain
Filled the darkening sky
The shout "It is finished" rose above the noise
And I saw my Savior die

His bruised and bloodied body was wrapped
And laid within the grave
The stone was rolled in front of the door
Seeming to seal the world's fate
For three days and three nights, the soldiers stood guard
As silence filled the air
The silent tomb stood as a symbol of defeat
To all who passed by there

The silent tomb speaks of anguish and sorrow
The silent tomb cries, "All hope in now lost"
The silent tomb sings a sad song of grief and pain
I don't know about you, but the silent tomb
Speaks volumes to me

But on the next morning, a light filled the sky
And the earth began to quake
The giant stone moved, and the soldiers both swooned
As their knees began to shake
From the darkness within, my blessed Savior appeared
Holding the keys of death and hell
He told Mary to run and spread the news far and wide
"Jesus is alive and well!"

Now the silent tomb speaks of light in the darkness
The silent tomb cries, "My God is alive!"
The silent tomb sings a sweet song of victory
I don't know about you, but the silent tomb
Speaks volumes to me.

(Sorry, no audio clip available)

4 comments:

  1. you wrote this?? wow! you have talent... ! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Lord gave me this song a couple of years ago. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I thank God for allowing me to stumble upon your blog one day... It sure has helped me and I have told all of my friends about you and they too became followers. I would love to hear how it goes though! One day you need to record it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Felycia, for you kind words and recommendation. The Lord has given me three songs I hope to be able to record one day, but I'm afraid it's a project that may have to wait a while as it can be quite a costly endeavor. Still, I'm glad the words can be an encouragement to others. When the timing is right, the Lord will open all the right doors. Until then, I'll continue on as He leads. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete